Time for a little Avey Baby Update!
You are 1.5! What?? You have grown so fast. I just can't even believe we are just a few months away from you being 2!
- I have not measured or weighed you recently. I'll try to do that today and update this for my records.
- You are wearing size 2T and 3T clothes.
- Your shoes are a size 7 although you have a few size 6's that still fit you too.
- You can say "mama", "dada", "bubba", "gigi", "papa", "maw", "d", "night night", "baby", "bye-bye", "thanks", "thank you", "please", "cheese", "yes", "no", "ball", "shoes" and I am sure I am forgetting some. You are soooo good at repeating words after us.
- You can tell us what a chicken, dog, goat, sheep and cow say.
- You know where your nose, eyes, mouth and belly / belly button are.
- You are still VERY much a Mama's girl. I think you would be content if I just held you allllll day, every day. I like that you like me so much!
- You are a shy little girl. When someone talks to you that you don't know you burry your face into my shoulder and give them the side eye. It's mostly men you are shy around. The only men you will really let hold you are Daddy, Papa and Googy.
- I think you will be our tender hearted little one. We don't hardly ever have to spank you or swat your little hand. We can just tell you "no" a little sternly and you will cry your little eyes out. I'm ok with that though...I don't like spanking you babies!
- You are still the best eater ever. I don't think you have eaten much that you don't like. You like to eat right when you get up and are pretty scheduled on your other meals too. You will let us know when you are hungry! Donuts are your very favorite food!
- You like to go to bed around 8p every night but we've been keeping you up until about 8:30p lately and you don't seem to mind too much.
- You still nap everyday around 1p and sleep for about 2-3 hours. Today you actually slept for 4 hours! Growth spurt maybe??
- You still love your babies. You usually carry one around most of the day.
- You also carry your blanket around a lot and when we drop you off at nursery every week, if you aren't holding it you will cry when we leave you. I guess you like some sort of security.
- Some of your nicknames are: "Bay-Bay" (by Porter), "Squeaker", "Squeaker Bug", "Squeaky", "Kinley Bug".
- You like to watch Paw Patrol with your brother. You also like Princess Sophia, Mutt and Stuff, Umi Zoomi and Goldie and Bear. You will actually sit still and watch TV some unlike your brother at your age.
You are a sweet girl and your little personality is really shining right now! You are so attached to me and I love it (although it makes it hard to get much done, ha!). I hope that you always like your mommy and daddy as much as you do now. We are crazy about you, little girl!
You are 3.5! I just can't even believe it. This time with you has just flown by!
- We just measured you and you are
- You wear a size 12 or 13 shoe
- Your pants and shirts are size 5T or 5/6
- Your favorite thing right now is telling big stories (or windys as we like to call them!)
- Most of the time you are pretty outgoing. You have your moments of being shy when you are around a bunch of people you don't know but for the most part, you are pretty outgoing.
- You are saying the funniest things right now! I just ordered a journal online that I heard about to record the funny things you say everyday and I can't wait to get it in the mail so I can start using it.
- You are the pickiest eater on the planet. We have trouble getting you to eat ANYTHING. You'll eat candy, chips, fruit snacks and drink chocolate milk or sweet tea alllll day long but not much else. You will eat fruit and cherry tomatoes well so I guess that is good!
- You are our night owl. I think you'd stay up until midnight if I'd let you. You usually stay up until Daddy and I go to bed around 9:30 or 10p and you sleep until 8-9a.
- You go to KDO at our church one day a week. You really like going and love playing with your "church friends". You will not tell us their names, you just refer to them as your "church friends". Quite the little stinker you are!
- You love big trucks (18-wheelers) and tractors the most. Pretty much anything with wheels makes you happy though.
- Paw Patrol is still your favorite show right now. Scooby Doo comes in at a pretty close 2nd though.
- Some of your nicknames are: "Porty", "Pickle", "Bubba", "Bubby"
You are the sweetest, most tender hearted little boy. You have the best manners and tell us you love us 1,000,000,000 times a day (which I love). I think you do this to make up for your ornery side! You definitely have a rotten side and like to push the limits on a daily basis. I wouldn't trade you and your little goofy, fun-loving personality for anything!
Love you babies,
Yesterday, our sweet Biscuit was hit by a car. She was the best dog and was so good with our babies. When Porter was little he couldn't say "Biscuit" so it came out as "Kicky"...hence the nickname, Kicky. We will miss her terribly. We had to tell Porter last night and he cried some but mostly just didn't understand. He thinks "she will come back from the doctor as soon after her legs are fixed!". Oh the innocent mind of a 3 year old! She was our first baby and will be missed a lot around here!
Back before we had kids, we took pictures with our dogs!
Such a good dog!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our families! I am reminded just how blessed we are around the holidays. We both have big families that gather as often as we can and it makes me so happy when we do!
This little turkey was so cute! She is a mess!
The day after Thanksgiving we headed out for our traditional Black Friday shopping trip. So. Much. Fun. I look forward to this day for months! We don't ever do a ton of shopping and usually don't even have anything in particular to buy. We just like to get out in the madness and stay up late one night a year (I am an old soul so 10p is late for me...ha!).
We of course spent lots of days at the grocery store buying things to make for our many gatherings! Our local grocery store just got these little carts and Porter LOVES them.
We also made a special visit to see Santa. Some liked it, others not so much!
2015 - KM (1.5 years), Porter (3.5 years)
And just for fun, a little look back on our Santa visits in the past.
2012 - Porter (6 months)
I have no idea where my picture is for 2013. I hope I didn't lose it!
2014 - KM (5 months), Porter (2.5 years)
These kiddos crack me up! Porter tried on a pair of my pajama pants and they thought it was the funniest thing ever. I love that they like each other so much!
We also had to play a little dress up. This child loves his cow costume. It might be 3 sizes too small but it's still a favorite.
We also got to have Uncle D and Hannah home for about a month for Christmas break. We LOVE when they come home! To celebrate, we went out for ice cream at our favaorite, Cold Stone!
Nate and I also got to enjoy a rare date night to see Home Free. They were so, so good!
Uncle D and Hannah called one day before Christmas and asked to watch the babies for a few hours so I could go out and get some last minute Christmas errands ran without having to get babies in and out of cars. I think the babies loved it and I know I loved it!
My double cow-lick cutie patootie!
Porter and daddy worked hard on their gingerbread house! I am pretty sure Porter ate half of the candy before it made it on the house but he had a lot of fun!
For Christmas, Santa brought the babies new bikes! Little miss walked right past her bike and grabbed one of Santa's leftover cookies! This girl is serious about her food!
Porter loved his motorcycle bike!
She had lots of fun playing with her new toys!
A couple of days after Christmas, we had a surprise visit from some of our best friends! They are currently in San Antonio but will hopefully be back in Arkansas soon! Nick and Nate have been best friends since 6th grade. Nick has kind of became like a brother to me so when he married Katlyn I was so happy! She is the sweetest!
We once again had lots of family Christmas'...most where I forgot to take pictures! I did get one of Porter with his Papa. They are besties.
And cute little miss with her new baby doll, Stella.
He got to have daddy all to himself one Saturday morning so they spent it eating breakfast at McDonald's and doing whatever Porter wanted to do. Most kids would pick Chuck E Cheese or something along those lines. This child wanted to "got to the gun stores and Belas (Cabela's)". Nate is so proud!
While the boys look at guns, the girls shop at Target!
We've also been busy having some car races around here.
More family Christmas with my girl.
Someone also got a little carried away with his new Paw Patrol art set. Praise the Lord for Magic Erasers!
One New Year's Eve, Porter and I came down with a stomach bug. We were sick all of New Year's Day and then Nate was sick the day after. Luckily Kinley Mae never got sick. We thought we were all clear, then on Saturday night, another bug hit our house! Porter, Nate and I were all sick again until Tuesday. Kinley Mae must have one good immune system!
Someone requested Jello for his first meal after being sick. What sick babies want, sick babies get!
Once we were all better, we headed outside to enjoy some much needed sunshine! This little cutie loves her trike!
He is looking too much like a big boy!
Porter is always trying to make her laugh.
Mommy's lap is a very popular spot. And I think it's safe to say that neither of these babies likes to share it!
On January 1st we also welcomed a new baby to our family! Our nanny decided to have an New Year's baby! We let Porter name him and he chose "Little Baa". (He also named the new dog "Little Buck" a few months back)
Not a serious bone in his body.
On January 9th I turned one year older and got to celebrate with my favorites! We had a pretty low-key day, I had to attend a funeral, then we went to supper with Mom, Dad and Grandma Mae.
Yesterday at church...these babies are just precious! They make their momma happy!
And sometimes, they realllllly like each other!
And a late but Happy New Year! We are excited to see what 2016 holds for the Avey family!