7.05.2011

4th of July!

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday for many reasons...family, friends, fellowship, fireworks, food, but most of all, my freedom! How amazing is it that we live in a country where we can have an opinion, dress how we want, eat what we want, believe wha we want? I think its amazing and I know I often take that for granted. So, thank you Papa Royce, Papa Porter, Uncle Jeff, and all of the other men and women who have or are fighting for this beautiful country we call home! We would not have anything if it were not for your sacrifices for us.

We started our 4th of July on Wednesday night at the Rodeo of the Ozarks. We went with our friends Nick, Maranda and my brother Dalton. It was a lot of fun but we were up a little too late for my likings! (I was really bad this weekend and didn't get many pictures!)

Thursday night we went back out to the rodeo to watch my cousins MiKael and Shelley's kiddo's in the mutton bustin' and goat dressing! It was too funny! I love those kiddo's to pieces!


Me and my handsome cowboy

Me and Ash



Lily Grace and Michael - sweet cousins!



LG and her beautiful momma


Reese - Don't you want to kiss those chubby cheeks??

Michael with his trophy...he was SO proud!


Me and my boyfriend - he loves me "cause I gots white hair"


Friday night we didn't do much. Nathan woke up early on Saturday morning to go to a gun show so I went over to my Mom and Dad's to help Mom get ready for our family cookout! We of course had to sneak in a pedicure!


Our cute toes! (pink, me - purple, Mom)


After our pedicures, we headed over to my Grandma Mae and Papa Royce's house for our family cookout! They had brisket and all the fixin's...it was delicious! Even my Aunt Rhonda, Uncle Jeff and cousins Amanda and Alex from Owasso, OK made it over! I love my family more than anything and was so glad to spend the day with them. Saturday night, my Uncle Denny had reserved the Tyson box seat for us at the Natural's game so we went and watched the game and fireworks! It was a great day with some great family!




Sunday was church and then Nathan and I headed out to his parents house to swim in the pool for a bit. After we swam, we headed home to get the jeep and head back up to church to watch fireworks...they were incredible! We have been for the past few years to watch them at the church and they keep getting better and better! Not to mention the great time we had visiting with family and friends!




We were off Monday for the 4th so Nathan woke up at 4:00a (yes, 4 in the morning) to go coyote hunting with his friend Nick. I slept in and then headed out to Nick and Maranda's and we spent the day with them and their SWEET little girl Cabella! We crashed their family cookout then went out and watched fireworks with them that night. After that we headed home (where I proceeded I locked my keys in my car for the 2nd time this week! I have never locked my keys in my car and then all of the sudden, I have done i twice in one week!)




I'd say we had the best 4th of July yet! I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that it is July already...where does time go? Hope you all have a great rest of the week!




The Avey's


"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

No comments: