7.25.2011

"Pinning"

This past weekend flew on by, just like they normally do! Friday night, we had our girls night over at Nathan's mom's house. Glinda (Nate's mom), Sarah (SIL), Lis (cousin), Tiff (cousin), Thanh Thanh (Lis' friend) and Phyllis (aunt) got together to watch girl movies and eat junk food all night. Lis brought her friend Thanh Thanh and she did our nails....she did a GREAT job! We were so thankful she could come make our girls night that much more fun!


Phyl's nails


Tiff's nails

Sarah's nails



I couldn't get the picture of my nails to load so you will just have to check out my facebook page! We had great time just hanging out together. I am SO thankful I get along with Nate's family so well!

Saturday we literally did nothing. It was so nice! I can't remember the last time we didn't have any plans.


Sunday was church and then Nate took me on a date to Market Place....delicious! After lunch, we decided to go hang out with my Mom for the afternoon. 2 years ago on Sunday was the day we lost my precious Papa Porter so I knew she would love having all of us together as a family. We miss him so much so I can only imagine how much she misses him. As a special rememberance of my Papa, Mom bought a new charm for her Brighton Charm Bracelet we got her for Mother's Day. It is a "Cancer Awareness" ribbon and for every charm bought, they will donate $20.00 to that charity. What a great cause! I think I will be getting one for my bracelet soon too!




I have a new found obsession.....Pinning. If you haven't already, you need to go out and join www.pintrest.com. Out here you can find TONS of decorating, party, recipe, outfit ideas. If you find something you like, you can create a board to pin it to. The great thing is, for all of us organize freaks, you can create multiple boards, all titled something different so you can keep your ideas in order! How great is that! I love that there is somewhere like this to 1) get great ideas, 2) share great ideas and 3) store great ideas! Now get out there and start 'pinning'!


Mrs. Avey


"But when you pray, go to your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." Matthew 6:6

No comments: