We started off Wednesday night with Nate's family...I didn't get any pictures so there is nothing fun to show but we always have fun with them! We ate a HUGE dinner, played some games and had a few laughs! I am so glad I was married into such a loving family!
After dinner, we went to my Grandma Mae and Papa Royce's house to pick up my cousin Amanda! She spent the night with us Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday night! I LOVED every second I got to spend with her!
We all woke up Thursday and headed over to my Mom's side of the families Thanksgiving lunch. I LOVE my Mom's side of the family! We were all rasied together on the same farm and have just grown up so close. Since then the farm has been sold and we have all moved but I just LOVE that we all stayed so close. I took a million pictures (as usual with my cousins because we love taking pics!)...they are in NO particular order at all so enjoy!
We had such a good time, as usual! Love my family!
After lunch at Memaw's house, we went to my Grandma Mae and Papa Royce's house to have dinner with my Dad's side of the family! We don't get to get together with them as much but MAN do we have fun! I love them to pieces! We laugh SO hard when we are together! I didn't get any pictures here either because I lost my camera for a bit but we had a blast!
We went back to my parents after this so Mom and I could take power naps (which didn't happen) so we could go out Black Friday shopping!! Mom and I look forward to this day for MONTHS and are always so sad (and worn out) when its over! We love mapping out our route and picking out things are are going to look for! We left her house at 9:00p, came back at 1:30a, took a power nap until 4:30a, then went back out and shopped until 2:00p Friday afternoon! To say we were tired is an understatement! We had so much fun though and love just going out and laughing! I love my Momma!
So how was your Thanksgiving??
Today, I wanted to take a minute to write down everything I am thankful for. I have many friends who have been doing the 24 days of Thankfulness on Facebook, their blogs etc. I wanted to join in but couldn't promise a daily blog! So I figured I could sum it all up in one big post! These are in no particular order, and I am so thankful for much more than just these 24 things, these were just some that came to mind.
1) First and foremost, I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Because of him, I have hope. Because of him, I don't have to worry. Because of him, I have been promised everlasting life. How amazing is it that we get to spend eternity with him?
2) My love, Nathan. Without him I would be lost. Its so funny when you meet the person you are supposed to be with, you realize you can't live without them. He is the best friend, husband, leader, soon-to-be Daddy I could ask for.
3) Baby Avey - I have never even met this little being yet but I am SO in love with he / she! Knowing that we are going to be parents in less than 7 months is the best feeling. I pray that I can show this baby the love that has been poured upon us throughtout our lives. This baby will grow up having a mommy and daddy that love each other unconditionally, but also knowing that we love our Jesus unconditionally and without him, we would be nothing. I also pray that we teach this baby through our actions and words, to be Christ like in everything that we do. June 19th can't get here fast enough!
4) Our parents - Nathan and I both have been SO blessed with the greatest parents. We were both raised in strong Christian homes. Jesus came and still comes first in everything. Our parents love on us still to this day and made us feel like we are the most important thing when we walk in their door to visit. I appreciate that more than ever now that I am going to be a mommy. I know that our parents can't WAIT to be grandparents either!
5) Family - Not everyone has the privledge of growing up in a large, close family. I have been blessed enough to grow up in an enormous, fun-loving family and I LOVE them to the moon and back. My family is my everything. My mom's and dad's sides of the family, as well as Nathan's family are so close and I never really knew how important that was until I got older. Now, I am so thankful to have this huge family but also, these amazing friends!
6) My church family - WOW...I don't even know where to begin on this one. We have the BEST small group in the world (I'm a little partial ;) I have really enjoyed getting to know all of the people in our class in this past year. I am thankful that they come to praise Jesus every week and when someone needs some love, they are the first ones there.
7) Vacations - I wish I could take them all the time! I haven't been on many but I can tell you I never feel more relaxed then when I am on vacation! Not only that, its the only time Nathan and I have each others full attention and can focus 100% on each other. I LOVE that. When your at home, even when you try not to, you still get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life. When your on vacation, all of that is put on pause until you get home. THAT is why I love vacations!
8) My house - It might be blue, and it might not be my dream home, but we have made SO many memories in the 2.5 years we have been in that house and for that I am thankful.
9) Our jobs - In this economy, anyone should be grateful to have a job. Today I am grateful for mine and Nathan's jobs. Of course they have their trials and there are some days when we come home and think "Really?"....but I am SO grateful for the job I have been blessed with and the ladies that I work with. It pays the bills and lets us enjoy some fun times as a family!
10) Dave Ramsey - I know this is silly but if it weren't for him, we wouldn't be on the road to being debt free!! If you have never taken his Finacial Peace class, you should! It will literally change your way of life.
11) Sweet Tea - I stole this from my friend Mere but its SO the truth. I think I might be lost without it!
12) My brother - he is the SWEETEST, cutest thing ever. We are 7 years apart (I'm older) and have always been so close. I love spending time with him and love watching him grow up and change. I hope someday (in a looooooooong time ;) he meets a sweet girl who treats him right and makes a great new addition to our family!
13) Black Friday - This is just on the top of my mind right now because its in 2 days! This day is special to me not only because I LOVE finding tons of good deals but also, my mom and I get to spend the ENTIRE day together talking, laughing and making memories! I love my momma and am SO thankful for our traditions we have!
14) Seeing and hearing - This is something I take for granted all of the time but I am SO thankful I can see and hear. I can't imagine not seeing the beautiful, vivid colors of the world or hearing the sweet voices of my loved ones.
15) My puppies - I have the sweetest babies ever! We have 3 puppies...Biscuit (blue heeler), Case (Beagle), and Timber (Beagle) and they are so funny! I love having these babies because no matter what, they always make me smile!
16) Pictures - I LOVE taking pictures. They capture memories that I might otherwise forget and I am so thankful for them.
17) Food - So many people in this world don't have this luxury and it seems like I always have a plethera! I am SO thankful for food and wish there was a way to provide it to everyone that needed it.
18) Peanut Butter - It is good on everything....apples, bananas, pancakes, waffles, sandwiches.
19) My friends - Over the years I have made some GREAT friends and I wouldn't trade those friendships for anything. These girls mean the world to me and I know they would do anything for me. I also have newer friendships that I value and know will last a lifetime. I am so grateful I can have friends to share our good and not so good times with.
20) Sewing Machine - I might not use it every day but it sure comes in handy when I need it! I love being able to make things for my house, gifts, etc.
21) Apple desserts - My weakness.....fried apple pies, apple dumplings, apple crisp.
22) My car - It might not be my dream car, but its almost paid off and it has low miles. It gets me where I need to go safely and is always reliable.
23) My Grandparents - I still have 3 of my grandparents living and I love them so very much. They have molded our families into what they are today. They are the glue that holds our families together and I love them for that. My Papa Porter passed away 2.5 years ago and we miss him everyday but I am SO thankful for the legeacy that he left here. Plus, I know I will see him again one day and I can't wait!
24) Words - I love being able to express how I feel about things. We could not do this without words. I might not be the best with words but I am thankful I can use them.
Those are some of the things I am most thankful for! Like I said, I have a MILLION other things to be thankful for too! What are you thankful for this holiday season??
We met at 6:45 and headed to Panera (our favorite!) for breakfast! Sadly, Panera has closed for a couple of weeks until they open their new location so we ended up eating at Einstein Bagels...still very good but no comparison to Panera! After breakfast we headed out to start craft fairing! The 2 we went to didn't open until 9a so we decided to head to the Fayetteville farmers market to walk around for a bit. Mom bought some pumpkins and she bought both of us some fresh sunflowers (my favorite!)...they look so bright and cheery in my kitchen! After the farmers market, we headed up to the Convention Center to hit up the craft fairs...if we had Avey babies, we could have done some SERIOUS damage...but, since we don't quite yet, mom and I settled for a few fun finds for ourselves! I love going to the craft fairs and seeing all of the talent...there are so many people with so many different trades! After we left, we made our usual Hobby Lobby stop for the day! We are both regulars and always walk out with some good finds! We then headed back to my house for a short nap, then it was out to our favorite store The Perfect Choice! Of you haven't been and you live in NWA it's a must...especially at Christmas! Gwen is wonderful and has such a talent for finding unique decor and gifts. After Perfect Choice, we went to dinner with my aunt Dar and aunt Nini. Mom an her sisters always get together for dinner for each of their birthdays and this month was Aunt Dars! I tagged along with mom since we had been out all day and I was so glad to spend time with her and my aunts...I just love my aunts and what they mean to me! After dinner, we decided to finish off the day at the Embassy Suites Arts and Crafts..we spent a couple of hours there, and after getting some more goodies (i got the cutest cross for my cross collection) we decided to call it a night! We were EXHAUSTED! I love that my mom and I can spend such quality time together! We always have so much fun being together and laughing all day!
"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the Land that the Lord YOUR God is giving you." Exodus 20:12
A - Age: 22
B - Bed Size: Queen...we need to upgrade to king!
C - Chore that you hate: washing dishes...the worst
D - Dogs: Biscuit, a blue heeler/collie mix, and Case, a beagle...our babies
E - Essential Start to Your Day: coffee!
F - Favorite Color: Hot Pink
G - Gold or Silver?: Depends on what I am wearing
H - Height: 5' 9"
I - instruments You Play: None...I love to sing! (im not any good though!)
J - Job Title: Management Analyst at JB Hunt
K - Kids: None yet...but some day I hope!
L - Live: Arkansas!
M - Mothers Name: Denise
N - Nicknames: Chrissy, Booger, Chrisamatino
O - Overnight Hospital Stays: Nope
P - Pet Peeves: My house not being picked up
Q- Quote From a Movie or Favorite Movie: I don't watch many movies or tv but my favorite movie is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days!
R - Right or Left Handed: Right
S - Sublings: 1, my best friend and brother Dalton
T - Time You Wake Up: 6-6:30a...I'm definitely a morning person
U - Underwear: Always
V - Vegetable You Hate: Tomatoes and onions...love all the rest!
W - What Makes You Run Late: I don't run late...I DO NOT like running late at all!
X - X-rays You've Had: Just on my teeth
Y - Yummy Food That You Make: Roast
Z - Zoo Animal: Zebra and Leopard...love the prints :) (stole this from you Mere!)
Hope you enjoyed Who I am from A - Z! Link up and share yours too!
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come to him and dine with him and he with me." - Revelation 3:20
Last Friday night, we had a rehearsal dinner to go to for Nathan's cousin that got married Saturday. Nate was one of his groomsmen. I only snapped a couple of pics because I was too busy visiting but it turned out very cute! The theme was vintage fall and I loved it! Right up my alley!
Friday after we left rehearsal dinner, Nate headed out to Wesley to spend the night with some friends so he could get out and hunt early Saturdady morning....not long after I woke up around 7, I received the following picture......
This actually isn't the piture I got but I got a pic of Nate with this big ole' buck! He was SO proud and so was I! While he was out hunting, I was over at my mom's enjoying my FAVORITE food....chocolate gravy with flap jack biscuits! It's like a little slice of Heaven on Earth....If you have never tried it, I suggest you do soon. Mom always makes me a flap jack biscuit too which is basically a fried biscuit....very healthy :) (can't forget your big glass of milk either)
Saturday night was Nathan's cousin Brian's big night....him and his fiancee Stevie got married! I didn't get any good pics of the happy couple but I did get a good pic of my handsom groomsmen...and of course some family pics after the ceremony!
The Avey Family...Kyle, Sarah, Kenny, Glinda, Me and Nate
Me and my love