11.23.2011

Thankful!

**I am a week behind on my baby updates. I'll update sometime this weekend with this weeks highlights!**

Today, I wanted to take a minute to write down everything I am thankful for. I have many friends who have been doing the 24 days of Thankfulness on Facebook, their blogs etc. I wanted to join in but couldn't promise a daily blog! So I figured I could sum it all up in one big post! These are in no particular order, and I am so thankful for much more than just these 24 things, these were just some that came to mind.

1) First and foremost, I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Because of him, I have hope. Because of him, I don't have to worry. Because of him, I have been promised everlasting life. How amazing is it that we get to spend eternity with him?

2) My love, Nathan. Without him I would be lost. Its so funny when you meet the person you are supposed to be with, you realize you can't live without them. He is the best friend, husband, leader, soon-to-be Daddy I could ask for.

3) Baby Avey - I have never even met this little being yet but I am SO in love with he / she! Knowing that we are going to be parents in less than 7 months is the best feeling. I pray that I can show this baby the love that has been poured upon us throughtout our lives. This baby will grow up having a mommy and daddy that love each other unconditionally, but also knowing that we love our Jesus unconditionally and without him, we would be nothing. I also pray that we teach this baby through our actions and words, to be Christ like in everything that we do. June 19th can't get here fast enough!

4) Our parents - Nathan and I both have been SO blessed with the greatest parents. We were both raised in strong Christian homes. Jesus came and still comes first in everything. Our parents love on us still to this day and made us feel like we are the most important thing when we walk in their door to visit. I appreciate that more than ever now that I am going to be a mommy. I know that our parents can't WAIT to be grandparents either!

5) Family - Not everyone has the privledge of growing up in a large, close family. I have been blessed enough to grow up in an enormous, fun-loving family and I LOVE them to the moon and back. My family is my everything. My mom's and dad's sides of the family, as well as Nathan's family are so close and I never really knew how important that was until I got older. Now, I am so thankful to have this huge family but also, these amazing friends!

6) My church family - WOW...I don't even know where to begin on this one. We have the BEST small group in the world (I'm a little partial ;) I have really enjoyed getting to know all of the people in our class in this past year. I am thankful that they come to praise Jesus every week and when someone needs some love, they are the first ones there.

7) Vacations - I wish I could take them all the time! I haven't been on many but I can tell you I never feel more relaxed then when I am on vacation! Not only that, its the only time Nathan and I have each others full attention and can focus 100% on each other. I LOVE that. When your at home, even when you try not to, you still get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life. When your on vacation, all of that is put on pause until you get home. THAT is why I love vacations!

8) My house - It might be blue, and it might not be my dream home, but we have made SO many memories in the 2.5 years we have been in that house and for that I am thankful.

9) Our jobs - In this economy, anyone should be grateful to have a job. Today I am grateful for mine and Nathan's jobs. Of course they have their trials and there are some days when we come home and think "Really?"....but I am SO grateful for the job I have been blessed with and the ladies that I work with. It pays the bills and lets us enjoy some fun times as a family!

10) Dave Ramsey - I know this is silly but if it weren't for him, we wouldn't be on the road to being debt free!! If you have never taken his Finacial Peace class, you should! It will literally change your way of life.

11) Sweet Tea - I stole this from my friend Mere but its SO the truth. I think I might be lost without it!

12) My brother - he is the SWEETEST, cutest thing ever. We are 7 years apart (I'm older) and have always been so close. I love spending time with him and love watching him grow up and change. I hope someday (in a looooooooong time ;) he meets a sweet girl who treats him right and makes a great new addition to our family!

13) Black Friday - This is just on the top of my mind right now because its in 2 days! This day is special to me not only because I LOVE finding tons of good deals but also, my mom and I get to spend the ENTIRE day together talking, laughing and making memories! I love my momma and am SO thankful for our traditions we have!

14) Seeing and hearing - This is something I take for granted all of the time but I am SO thankful I can see and hear. I can't imagine not seeing the beautiful, vivid colors of the world or hearing the sweet voices of my loved ones.

15) My puppies - I have the sweetest babies ever! We have 3 puppies...Biscuit (blue heeler), Case (Beagle), and Timber (Beagle) and they are so funny! I love having these babies because no matter what, they always make me smile!

16) Pictures - I LOVE taking pictures. They capture memories that I might otherwise forget and I am so thankful for them.

17) Food - So many people in this world don't have this luxury and it seems like I always have a plethera! I am SO thankful for food and wish there was a way to provide it to everyone that needed it.

18) Peanut Butter - It is good on everything....apples, bananas, pancakes, waffles, sandwiches.

19) My friends - Over the years I have made some GREAT friends and I wouldn't trade those friendships for anything. These girls mean the world to me and I know they would do anything for me. I also have newer friendships that I value and know will last a lifetime. I am so grateful I can have friends to share our good and not so good times with.

20) Sewing Machine - I might not use it every day but it sure comes in handy when I need it! I love being able to make things for my house, gifts, etc.

21) Apple desserts - My weakness.....fried apple pies, apple dumplings, apple crisp.

22) My car - It might not be my dream car, but its almost paid off and it has low miles. It gets me where I need to go safely and is always reliable.

23) My Grandparents - I still have 3 of my grandparents living and I love them so very much. They have molded our families into what they are today. They are the glue that holds our families together and I love them for that. My Papa Porter passed away 2.5 years ago and we miss him everyday but I am SO thankful for the legeacy that he left here. Plus, I know I will see him again one day and I can't wait!

24) Words - I love being able to express how I feel about things. We could not do this without words. I might not be the best with words but I am thankful I can use them.

Those are some of the things I am most thankful for! Like I said, I have a MILLION other things to be thankful for too! What are you thankful for this holiday season??

No comments: