8.13.2012

2 Months Old!

Porter,
You are 2 months old today! Where has time gone? Some things to remember about month 2....

- We don't have your 2 month check-up until next Tuesday but if I had to guess, I'd say you were over 12 lbs! You are a big boy! (I'll make sure to update next week when I have your exact weight)
- Daddy and I also attempted to measure you one day and we think you are about 24 in. long now.
- You are still in size 1 diapers but you are about to out grow them. I think once we finish the box we are on, we will switch you over to size 2's.
- You are still fitting into your 0-3 month onsies (barely!) but you are mostly in 3-6 month onesies. You are mainly in these for the length. Your pants are still 0-3 month....you are loooooong and skinny!
- You're still sleeping in your bassinet in mommy and daddy's bedroom. We just aren't ready to send you to your own crib yet!
- You usually still wake up about 1 time per night although these last 2 nights, all you've wanted to do is play and eat. Mommy is sleepy but I sure love that little smile at 3 in the morning...that makes it all worth it!
- We usually have you to sleep around 9-9:30p. Our routine is bath, bottle, bed.
- You started daycare this month. Mommy went back to work when you were 7.5 weeks old. You are doing so good and all of the teachers brag on you every day! This makes mommy and daddy so happy! We still don't love sending you every day but we realize that at this time in life, we just have to do it. The fact that they love you so much makes it that much easier! I think it is harder on mommy than it is you any way ;)
- I went to visit you at lunch one day and you were rocking in your rocking chair "talking" to your teacher. When you saw me, you started crying and as soon as I picked you up you were so happy and fell asleep shortly after! I think that is when I finally realized that you know who I am...made my day!
- Your social security card came in the mail this month so you now have a social security number! Of course, they spelled your name "Avery" instead of "Avey" so mommy is having to send it back.....this will happen to you for the rest of your life bubba so you'll just have to get used to it!
- Lately, when mommy gets ready in the morning, you will sit in your little rocker and "talk" to me. You have started trying to laugh and its hilarious! I think it frustrates you when you can't get the sound out like you'd like...sometimes it makes you cry for a minute if you can't figure it out. It is too cute!

Sweet baby boy, you have stolen mine and your daddy's hearts. We are just plain crazy about you. You are growing so much and it just doesn't seem possible that you are 2 months old aready. We are loving watching your little personality start to show and so look forward to watching it develop more! We love you to the moon and back, Porter Lee!

Love, Mommy and Daddy

No comments: