10.20.2009

Babies, Fried Apple Pies and Honeymoons!

Well get ready to be overwhelmed! HAHA! I Haven't blogged in sooo long and have so much to tell you all! First of all I will start with my friend Christin!! She finally had baby Parson! He was an absolutely beautiful baby and so healthy! He weighed 6 lbs. 13 oz. and was 2o in. long. I felt so honored because right after she had him and they were ready for visitors, the only person she asked for was me! I felt so special! I just love Christin and baby Parson....and I guess Daddy DK is alright! LOL! They have been some of mine and Nate's good friends since we first started dating and we just love them! Christin and I have been friends since 8th grade and it just so happens that our husbands love each other too! I wish them and Parson the best of luck!

Exhausted momma with her new, sweet baby boy!


"Aunt" Chrissy with Baby Parson! I just love him!
Me and Ash posing with Parson....he is such a stud already!



Proud Grandma and her little man!



Me, Ash and Christin!


Baby Parson in the nursery



Well a few days ago my mom and I decided to go to Hobby Lobby.....in case you didn't know, this is one of my top 5 favorite stores! LOL! Anyway, my guest bedrooom is going to be done in blacks, whites, and reds....not a huge fan of red but we had so much red stuff already it just worked! LOL! So many of you know that Hobby Lobby runs everything in their store half price at some point and this particular week it happened to include lamps! Well I found 2 that I fell in love with! One for the bedside table and one for my desk that is a disater right now in the guest room....AKA Dalton's bedroom! HAHA! (Dalton is my brother and has claimed this room already) So I had one in the cart to buy and my mom decided that she wanted to buy the other one for me! What a great mom huh? So I ended up with my 2 lamps and boy are they cute! See pics below!


The ADORABLE desk lamp my mom bought me!! It is super bedazzled and I love it! Shes a great mom!


The lamp that I bought for the bedside table! I just love stuff that is very different and unique!


I hear lamps will be on sale again at Hobby Lobby again soon and I am needing some for my living room next....maybe my Mom will go with me again ;) LOL!


2 weekends ago we decided to have a get-together at my Memaw's house to learn how to make her famous fried apple pies! Let me tell you, these are not just any fried apple pies! They litterally melt in your mouth! For each of our birthdays, Memaw makes us a big plate of them to take home and we get to call everyone else in the family and rub it in to them that we just got some of Memaw's fried apple pies! They are WONDERFUL! And now I know how to make them!!......not as good as Memaw of course but hey, shes had 50 years of practice now! Maybe someday I will master it.....but probably not anytime soon! LOL!

Had to throw this pic in! Its my cousin MiKael's daughter Lily Grace...I just love her so much!





We also learned how to can apples! That was super exciting to me seeing that apples are my absolute favorite!


Right after the apples are cut up...we put them in a big pot on the stove to simmer for a while!



The final product! It pretty much looks like applesauce! Yum!!!




And Waa Laa!! Canned apples! :)



Me helping Memaw prepare the apples for the fried apple pies!




YAY!!!! I did it! 1 pie down!




MiKael's turn!



Ta-da!



Shelley's Jo's turn now!




Good job Shelley!




I didn't get any of Mom making her's but here's her finished product! What a cute pic :)




And here our hard work paid off! Jars of canned apples and plates of fried apple pies! Doesn't get much better than that!!
The next pictures are from Mine and Nate's honeymoon in Daytona Beach, FL!!! I could honestly become a professional beach bum!! It was absolutely the most amazing trip I have ever been on and I wish I could go back tomorrow! Nathan and I had a blast just being the 2 of us, away for an entire week with nothing to worry about! We both had the best time ever and are so thankful for being able to take this trip!


Me at gator golf! They literally have a gator goft course every 1/4 a mile down there!



A sign that was posted at the zoo...too funny!



At the zoo..going into the nasty herpatarium! Yuck!



Right before boogie-boarding!!





Nate and I on the beach.....I can't get enough of the beach!! :)




The view from the back of our condo! It was georgeous!!



Feet view with the ocean behind them!


Nate boogie-boarding! We had so much fun doing this!!



Nate and I at Bubba Gump! Yumm!!


The store that saved Nathan's life! I heard about Bass Pro everyday until we found one! And of course Nathan HAD to have a picture of it!





One of the weird birds we saw in Florida...it was so funny!



Well thats all I have for now! Hopefully within the next couple of days I will get some pictures on here of my new fall decor! Not that I have a lot but i just love fall....not as much and Christmas...LOL....but i do have a few cute decorations up! Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC week!!
See ya!!
Mrs. Avey :)





No comments: