Porter, you are one month old today! Some things to remember about your first month...
- You were up to 9 lbs at your 1 week dr. Appointment! Your daddy and I tried to weigh you on our scale and if it's right, you are closer to 11 lbs now!
- You are wearing size 1 diapers (Pampers only, you are too big for size 1 in the other brands!)
- You are wearing size 0-3 month clothes mostly, although you did fit into a few size 3-6 month onsies this week!
- We made the switch to formula last week and you are LOVING it...you kept spitting up after mommy would feed you and I couldn't figure out what I was eating that made you sick. We tried some formula and you loved it and have kept it down well.
- You were a little jaundice at first but it wasn't anything a little sunlight didn't help
- You are sleeping in your bassinet next to mommy and daddy's bed. You are a grunter so I hear all of your little noises!
- You usually wake up 1-2 times per night to feed (usually around 2:30a and 5:30a)
- You did sleep all through the night for mommy and daddy the first night we had you on formula! We were so excited!
- We usually have you to sleep around 10p
- You are such a happy baby! You don't fuss unless you are hungry, getting you diaper changed (sometimes) and bath time!
- We have spoiled you too much so you don't really like being put down...you always want mommy to hold you (which is ok with me!)
- You don't really like your paci much. We have tried to give it to you a couple of times and you usually take it for a minute than spit it out.
- The first night you were born, you held your head up and looked around! You have since then been learning head and neck control! It's amazing to us how much strength you already have for a 1 month old!
- You love your hands. They are always up by your face. You play with them all the time! You even sleep with your arms up above your head too...you get that from mommy!
- You got to celebrate your first 4th of July with us which just so happens to be mommy's favorite holiday! You were so cute in your red, white and blue!
- Your grandparents are CRAZY about you...I don't mean a little either...they think that you hung the moon and none of them can go long without coming to see you! We have had more company this past month than we ever have!
Precious Porter, I can't believe an entire month has gone by with you already! It seems like we were just at the hospital meeting you! You have blessed our family in so many ways and I can't wait to watch the little man you grow in to! We love you to the moon and back baby boy!
Mommy and Daddy