10.08.2015

It's the little things

Since I haven't done any monthly updates for Kinley and I haven't documented anything recently for Porter, I thought I might write down a few things to remember about both of them at this age. I am going to try to start doing this regularly again!

Kinley Mae:

-You are 15 months old!
- UPDATE - we just went to the doctor a few days ago.  You are 32.5 inches tall, 26 lbs, and your head is 19".  He said you're perfect (which we all knew!)
- You can say "mama", "dada", "night night", "Gigi", "papa", and tonight you actually said "bye-bye".
- You can't get enough of your momma! Porter would go to anyone but you'll hardly go to anyone if I am around. You just want me to hold you. It's a little exhausting but I know it won't last forever so I am trying to enjoy it while it lasts!
- You have 8 teeth and are cutting at least 4 more that I know of. You have had a reallllly hard time with teething. I hate how bad it hurts you and am so ready for it to be over! 
- You love to blow kisses
- You babble all the time. I don't remember Porter ever babbling so much. You are definitely going to be a talker!
- I've never met such a good eater! You will eat almost anything and will usually clean your plate
- You want to go to sleep right at 8p every night and will sleep until 7-8a every morning. 
- You take a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon around 1.
- You are obviously very scheduled. Porter never really had a schedule so it's funny to see the differences in both of you.
- You will not sleep anywhere but your bed. Vacations, grandparents houses, pack-n-play, they are pretty much non-existent. You want your bed and will just cat-nap anywhere else. It's funny how much your like your bed!
- Your little personality has really started showing! I think you're going to be a goof ball like your brother!
- You LOVE baby dolls. This is a recent development but every time you get one in your arms you will cradle and rock the baby. It's the cutest thing ever!
- You like to dance when you hear music come on the TV.
- It's funny to me, whenever Porter watches Paw Patrol or Blaze on TV you won't pay much attention to the TV but if we turn on Princess Sophia or something girly, you are immediately interested.  Funny how early the boy / girl preferences start! 

Porter:
- You are 3 years, 4 months old!
- You talk up a storm.  You can hold a long conversation with us and say some of the funniest things!
- You are a terrible eater right now. You won't hardly eat anything for 2-3 days and then you'll eat like a bear.  I know this is just a stage.
- You go to bed around 9-9:30p every night and sleep until about 8-8:30a
- You're a daddy's boy all the way.  You want to do everything he does.  You guys are the best of buds. Daddy has never missed bow season and last weekend he actually didn't hunt at all because he just wanted to play with you. Y'all are obsessed with each other and it makes me so happy!
- You LOVE Paw Patrol. For Christmas this year you are asking Santa for the Paw Patroler.  
- Your favorite color is red.  
- You love big trucks, tractors, 4-wheelers...pretty much anything that drives!
- Being outside is your favorite.  You could spend all day out there in the dirt, playing with your four-wheeler, jumping on the trampoline.  Nothing makes you happier.
- You got to go hunting for the first time a couple of weeks ago with your daddy and papa.  You've been asking every day since then to go hunting again. 
- You can count to 10 and say some of your ABC's.  It stresses me out that you don't know they all but you don't like to sit down and learn anything.  You are always on the go and have no desire to sit down and learn.  Momma is in for a real treat trying to get you ready for school!
- You do know all of your colors.


You babies are the sweetest and best of buds.  I can't believe both of you are ours!  Both of you are at such a fun age right now!  I love you both more than you know! - Mommy

I am sure I'll think of something I'll need to add to this list!

Chrissy

No comments: