10.02.2015

Kinley Mae


I know Kinley Mae is 14 months old but I wanted to document her actual birth-day. I just read Porter's yesterday (that's what made me decide I needed to blog again!) and I love having it documented so I can remember. Let's face it, I have the worst memory ever! 

I was due with little miss on July 6, 2014.  I went for my regular weekly appointment on Thursday, July 3.  I had no progressed any so she wanted me to check into the hospital Monday night so I could be induced early Tuesaay morning, July 8. They gave me a pill Monday night to help get things started. By 1a I was contracting and when they came in at 6a to start me on my Pitocin I was dialated to a 7. A while later the anesthesiologist came in and gave me my epidural. We waited around all morning and around 11:45a I felt like I needed to push. The nurse checked and I was only dialated to an 8.i told her I really felt like I needed to push
and she assured me I didn't but checked again anyway. I was at a 9.5 and it was go time! She went to get my doctor (who we looooove) but she had just taken a patient back for a c-section so another doctor stepped in (she was also great!). I pushed 3 times for maybe 5 minutes and Kinley Mae was here at 12:08p!  She was a perfect 8 lbs., 14 oz., 21 inches long! 


We only stayed one night after she was born and came home Wednesday afternoon! 




Porter honestly adjusted really well to having Kinley Mae home! He had a couple of days right in the beginning where he wanted our full attention and would act out but he quickly got used to having her around! I could not be more proud of him! That's a lot for a just-turned-2-year-old to take in! 









(These pictures are from my phone so I am sorry for the extra black space! It's just easier to blog from here versus find time to blog on the computer!)

So, so thankful for these babies! 

Chrissy


No comments: