1.23.2012

One Mouth

On January 1st I started a new daily devotional. It's a really quick easy read but I am really enjoying the daily studies. Yesterdays devotion talked about having one mouth meaning that as believers we should all speak as one because we are all unified in Christ. We can't praise God, then turn around and tell lies about someone or talk badly about someone. We can't praise him in church, then gossip down the hallway about what someone is wearing. When we do this, it is dishonoring to God. This has been heavy on my heart for the last day or two and I just wanted to share. I want to be held accountable for my actions and words as a Christian. I am not here on this earth to judge, I am here to lead others to Christ so they can live a life of eternity in Heaven. So I challenge you, instead of talking badly about someone that you just don't seem to get along with, just don't say anything. You never know what that other person is going through.

In case you are looking for a good devotional to read, I attached a picture below of the one I'm reading. I'd recommend this one. I'm really loving it!

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and one mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. - Romans 15:5-6

The Avey's

No comments: