8.20.2013

Change

Change can be scary and intimidating.  Especially for people like me.  I do not like change.  I like routine.  I like knowing what is going to happen and when it's going to happen.  I don't like "going with the flow".  I guess you could say I am somewhat of a control freak. 

So, with that being said....I just gave my notice at JB Hunt.  I just celebrated my 5 year anniversary with this company and never dreamed I'd be quitting anytime soon! 

What am I going to be doing you might ask?  I'll be working from home for a company which means I'll be home with my BABY!  I am thrilled, excited, nervous and a little freaked out that this has all happened.  It's happened FAST. 

I am excited to spend every day with my sweet baby boy.  I blinked and he is 14 months old.  I want to cherish all of this time with him and this will give me the opportunity to do just that. 

I am nervous because I have never worked from home before.  I know I'll have to make sure I get my work done while spending time with P.  I will need diligence, motivation and self-control. 

We have been praying since we found out that I was pregnant with Porter that we'd find something I could do from home with him but the timing has just been wrong.  It hasn't been in God's plan.  But we've been patient and God provided (once again!) for us and we could not be more excited!

So, please pray for this new chapter in our lives! 

The Avey's

1 comment:

Carly said...

Congrats!!! That is so awesome! I'll miss seeing that sweet guy everyday!