8.07.2013

Picture Overload

Hi there!  It's been way too long since I have blogged.  I have been meaning to for months now and honestly I just haven't wanted to.  I love to look back on things we have done in the past but I have enjoyed spending time with Mr. Porter so much, I haven't wanted to waste any of it writing on my blog.  Then I started thinking about it today...the reason I need to continue blogging (at least once a month..HA!) is so I can remember the sweet things my baby boy has done.  So, this might be a really, REALLY long post but I need to make sure I have this documented.

Porter will be 14 months old on August 12th.  You read that right....14 months.  Where in the world has time gone?  Remember this post?  That was 428 days ago, the day my baby was born.  You know when they tell you that you blink and your babies grow up....they were NOT lying.  And when they tell you that you will love them more and more every.single.day....they aren't lying about that either.  That little boy has seriously stolen my heart. 

Some updates on Mr. Porter:
- You are Mr. Personality.  You are all over the board!  I have never met a child with more expressions than you!  You are always making us laugh and keeping us on our toes.  I think you'll be the life of the party like your daddy! 
- You took your first steps at 9.5 months old and were walking (or should I say running) by 10.5 months.  I knew you'd be an early walker because you have NEVER been able to sit still.  You will always keep this mama busy but I wouldn't have it any other way!
- We took you on your first camping trip and you were in Heaven.  Seriously.  You LOVE being outside so you did GREAT.  I couldn't ask for a better baby!
- You still don't nap great.  Actually, you hate naps!  Once I finally get you down you usually sleep for 1-1.5 hours but that is all I can ever get out of you.  You did nap on Sunday for 3.5 hours and I had to wake you up!  I was worried you wouldn't sleep at night!  I think you are definitely going through a growth spurt. 
- You're wearing 2T-3T tops and 24 month bottoms.  I still think you'll be big like your daddy. 
- You can say Dada, Mama (which is more like "my mama"...which is the best thing I've ever heard in my life), deer, dog, cat and goat.  You said cat and goat this weekend for the first time so we still can't get you to say them often.
- You've started jumping and it's hilarious! 
- You also know how to drink out of a straw.  Anytime you see someone with a straw you think you need a drink!
- You are the best eating kiddo I have ever met.  I think you are a bottomless pit!  You've always eaten well but now that you are on all table food, you just never seem to stop!  The only things you seem to not like much are green beans and cabbage.  You have loved every other vegetable, meat, fruit, etc. we have fed you. 

I know there are SO many other things that you are doing / saying right now but these are a few of them that I am remembering off the top of my head.  I can always come back and add as I remember things! (I will also post your birthday pictures soon so we have them documented!)

Mr. Porter,
I love you TOO much.  I feel like I say it over and over but I can't tell you how crazy we are about you.  You have been the easiest, most fun baby and we could not be more thankful for you.  You are a handful at times but it's so much fun to watch you grow!  You are all boy which sometimes makes this mama a nervous wreck!  You aren't scared of anything and are so adventurous.  I wouldn't change that for the world though.  I pray that the Lord helps your daddy and I set good examples for you as you get older so you'll come to know him one day.  That is our greatest prayer. 

We love you so very much, baby boy.
Daddy and Mommy

(just a small fraction of the pictures of Mr. Porter over the past couple of months)
 

 










 

No comments: